APIASF Scholarship Program
About the APIASF General Scholarship Program
The APIASF General Scholarship online application opened on September 15, 2016 and closed on January 18, 2017. Please check back in September 2017 for the 2018-2019 APIASF General Scholarship Application. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIASF provides scholarships to underserved AAPI students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the AAPI community's diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
APIASF General Scholarship Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2017. Please read the scholarships by supporter details below for specific eligibility requirements regarding the academic standing required for each scholarship.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit one letter of recommendation online.
How to Apply
The APIASF General Scholarship Program application must be completed online and submitted electronically once all of the required questions have been answered. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting. Until you are ready to submit, you may access your application and edit your answers as many times as you like with your login from any computer with internet access. The application will be available on September 15, 2016.
Contact Outreach and Community Relations at email@example.com or 1-877-808-7032.
Students only need to complete one APIASF General Scholarship application to be considered for all APIASF General Scholarship opportunities. Applicants will be considered for all 2017-2018 academic year scholarship opportunities if they meet the criteria. Click the logos below to learn more about each scholarship supporter. For the 2016-2017 academic year APIASF awarded 433 new APIASF General Scholarships. The APIASF General Scholarship Program is supported by AT&T, Bank of Hope, The Coca-Cola Foundation, Cox Enterprises, Darden Restaurants Foundation, FedEx, Frances Sonn Nam Memorial Scholarship, General Mills Foundation, NASA, NBCUniversal, Target, Toyota, United Health Foundation, Southern California Edison, and Wells Fargo.