The Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
Based in Washington, DC, the Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund (APIASF), is the nation's largest non-profit organization that provides scholarships to deserving Asian and Pacific Islander Americans with financial need. Our vision is to see that all Asian and Pacific Islander Americans have access to higher education and resources that cultivate their academic, personal and professional success regardless of their ethnicity, national origin or financial means.
Development Associate (+/-)
APIASF is seeking a Development Associate. The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, coordination, and management of fundraising activities to ensure that budgeted funding goals of APIASF are achieved. This person will report to the Vice President of Development. This position is located in Washington, DC.
- Assist the Vice President of Development with the development, implementation and management of fundraising objectives and activities to ensure that budgeted funding goals of APIASF are achieved.
- Identify, research and cultivate new corporate, foundation and individual prospects, in collaboration with the Vice President of Development.
- Researching, writing and presenting information, in the form of fundraising reports and grant proposals, on a tight deadline.
- Travel as necessary to meet with prospects and donors, staff APIASF events such as the annual Gala and community receptions, and attend relevant events of other related organizations and corporations.
- Assist with the tracking and production of reports on individual giving, including Board and Advisory Council personal "give, get, assist" participation. Assist the Vice President of Development in continuing to increase the sophistication and accuracy of reports to meet the Fundraising Committee and Executive Director's requests.
- Maintain the donor database. Includes data entry and maintenance, report generation. As appropriate, assist with the transition from the existing database systems to an integrated CRM. Maintain accurate and complete hard copy file records of funding and donor information.
- Maintain the development tracking tool and participate in regular reconciliations of donor listings and grant award documents with restrictions against information in Quickbooks with the Vice President of Development and Vice President of Finance and Operations.
- Draft acknowledgement letters and ensure letters are sent on a timely basis and they reflect accurate information, including fair market value of donation when applicable in the case of a special event.
- Manage charitable state filing registrations and ensure that they are completed in a timely manner. Manage APIASF's full participation in the Combined Federal Campaign.
- Participate on Fundraising and Gala Committees, as needed. On a monthly basis or as needed, assist the Vice President of Development with the production of reports and drafting meeting minutes.
Communication and Marketing:
- Prepare and update APIASF donor related materials, including website and S&I 100 pages. Also prepare informational materials for the Executive Director and Vice President of Development when needed.
- Collaborate with Director of Communications and Marketing and the Director of Development to develop new communications and marketing material.
- When needed, serve as liaison to event sponsors before, during and after APIASF events. Assist Director of Development with briefing.
- Actively collaborate with many different arms of the organization (i.e., Scholar Support Programming, Outreach, etc.) to gather information and discuss programming options in order to draft grant proposals.
- Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Adhere to all APIASF policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional development workshops, classes, and seminars when available and appropriate.
- Undertake all other assignments as may be directed by the Vice President of Development.
Fiscal Year Execution:
- Conduct preliminary research on and assist with outreach to new foundation and corporate prospects. Submit proposals.
How to apply:
- Please submit cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with
- "Development Associate Application" in the subject line.
- Position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Please provide three professional references.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits are offered for this full-time position.